If you are on regular medication your doctor may allow you to have repeat prescriptions.
Requests for repeat prescriptions can be be made in the following ways:
- In person - hand your repeat slip or written request in to the surgery having clearly marked the items required.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By fax - on 020 8521 1751
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
We do not accept telephone requests as we like to keep our telephone lines free for appointments, urgent telephone calls and visits.
We endeavour to have prescriptions ready for collection in 48 hours. However, during holiday and busy periods this may not always be possible, therefore please do not leave your request until the last minute.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.